Dr.Sangeeta Prakash, School of Agriculture and Food Science, University of Queensland, Australia
Scopus ID : 8550052200 | H-Index : 17
Sangeeta Prakash is an Associate Lecturer in the Department of Food Science at the University of Queensland where she has been a faculty member since 2010.
Sangeeta completed her Ph.D. at University of Queensland and her Masters studies at Indian Agricultural Research Institute, an apex institution of agricultural research in India. Her research interests lie in the area of food structures, oral processing, flow and lubrication behaviour of fluids and semi-solid foods and texture, with a focus on improving the sensory quality of food and in-vitro digestibility. In recent years, she has effectively employed superior techniques for sensory evaluation of food products and has collaborated with researchers at University of Leeds, United Kingdom, University of Brawijaya, Malang, Indonesia and Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India.
She has collaborated enthusiastically with researchers in other disciplines of food science including fruit, vegetables and cereals along with her extensive work in diary science. She has also efficaciously coordinated and/or taught number of food science and technology courses to post graduate and under graduate students of the university since 2010.
After finishing her PhD in Food Science and Technology in 2007, Sangeeta spend a three years working in the Australian food industry. She has effectively implemented the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan and enforced Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) in the food plants as well as gained hands-on experience of modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) used on sea-foods.
Teaching and Development
- Food Sensory and Structures
- Functional Food
- Food Engineering
- Food Product Development
- Sensory evauation of dairy based products
- Godoi, Fernanda C., Bhandari, Bhesh R., Prakash, Sangeeta and Zhang, Min (2019).Preface. In Fernanda C. Godoi, Bhesh R. Bhandari, Sangeeta Prakash and Min Zhang (Ed.), Fundamentals of 3D food printing and applications (pp. xiii–xiv) London, United Kingdom: Academic Press. doi:10.1016/B978-0-12-814564-7.05001-X
- Prakash, Sangeeta, Bhandari, Bhesh R., Godoi, Fernanda C. and Zhang, Min (2019).Future outlook of 3D food printing. In Fernanda C. Godoi, Bhesh R. Bhandari, Sangeeta Prakash and Min Zhang (Ed.), Fundamentals of 3D food printing and applications (pp. 373–381) London, United Kingdom: Academic Press. doi:10.1016/B978-0-12-814564-7.00013-4
- Godoi, Fernanda C., Bhandari, Bhesh R., Prakash, Sangeeta and Zhang, Min (2019).An introduction to the principles of 3D food printing. In Fernanda C. Godoi, Bhesh R. Bhandari, Sangeeta Prakash and Min Zhang (Ed.), Fundamentals of 3D food printing and applications (pp. 1–18) London, United Kingdom: Academic Press. doi:10.1016/B978-0-12-814564-7.00001-8
- Prakash, S. (2017).From rheology to tribology: applications of tribology in studying food oral processing and texture perception. In Jasim Ahmed, Pawel Ptaszek and Santanu Basu (Ed.), Advances in food rheology and its applications (pp. 65–86) Cambridge, MA United States: Woodhead Publishing. doi:10.1016/B978-0-08-100431-9.00004-8